Safety, Health & Environment Policy (SHE Policy)
Health and Safety Policy
At Mangwajana Logistics and Construction (MLC), Health and Safety considerations are an integral part of our operations, not something 'bolted on' to comply with the rules. Our working methodology already includes the precautions to be taken whilst on site. This proves MLC takes the issue of health and safety very seriously.
It is the policy of MLC to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work for all our employees, and to provide such information, training and supervision as they need for this purpose. The policy, and the way it is operated, is reviewed periodically to keep it up to date and account for changes in the nature and size of the business.
It is the policy of MLC:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure that all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
We also accept our responsibility for the health and safety of other people who may be affected by our activities. The allocation of duties for safety matters and the particular arrangements that we will make to implement the policy are set out and our supervisor is well predisposed with the procedures.
Mangwajana Logistics and Construction (MLC) is committed to preservation of the environment, where we shall strive to adhere to this policy in all aspects and at all stages of our business operations.
- To conserve the Environment we shall:
- Be committed to continual improvement through reduction and reduction and prevention of Air, Water and Land contamination; and consumption of natural resources.
- Strive to comply with all environmental legislations, regulations and other requirements relevant to our activities, products and services.
- Promote environmental awareness amongst our employees through continuous education and training.
- Review and revise our objectives and achievements annually to comply with all environmental regulations.
- Ensure that this policy is made available to all interested parties when and where necessary.